Today I wanted to share with you uses for coconut oil! It is so versatile and can be used for anything from beauty to in the kitchen! While these are only a few uses, there are so many more out there! This is just a list of some things that I have personally used coconut oil for and tricks that I have picked up along the way:
- Facial moisturizer/body lotion
- I love using coconut oil in the summer as a moisturizer because it is an oil and gives you a nice glow. It is super moisturizing and a little bit really goes a long way.
- Hair mask
- When my hair is feeling down, a coconut oil mask really lifts it up! I apply a little bit to wet hair and let it rock. Again, a little bit goes a long way- it’s super moisturizing for my hair.
- Facial mask
- You can mix coconut oil with baking soda, honey, or even sugar to create a facial mask that is natural to solve your skincare concerns. I love a sugar mask because it gently exfoliates your skin, while the coconut oil packs in the hydration!
- Sunscreen (a very low SPF)
- You can use coconut oil as a sunscreen with a very low SPF in it. This is perfect for when you aren’t getting a ton of sun – think through your windows in your house or in your car. If you are going to be in the sun for a longer period of time, I suggest finding a sunscreen that meets your needs and works for you!
- While I have not been brave enough to make my own toothpaste with coconut oil, there are DIY recipes out there for it!
- Lip balm
- No more lip balm? No problem! Since it is so hydrating, coconut oil makes the perfect lip balm. You can also use lipstick with it to create a sheer color.
- Makeup remover
- This works wonders! It takes your makeup off while hydrating your skin- a win win! It’s also a great trick if you forget your cleanser but have access to coconut oil! I have used it in a pinch several times (and there was also one time where I came home from college and forgot my moisturizer and put olive oil all over my face….it worked, lol).
- As part of the sugar scrubs that I wrote a blog on.
- Give a little to your dog for a healthy coat, skin + body (ingest or topical usage)
- Be sure to research how much to give your pet, but we have given Kash a little bit here and there to promote a healthy coat and skin from within!
- Cooking oil
- And of course, you can cook with it 🙂
That’s all folks. What do you use coconut oil for? Let me know in the comments below.