Hey there! I know my last post probably didn’t help with resolutions, but today I wanted to talk about some of my goals for the New Year.
This past semester, it was so hard to find time for myself, let alone to drag myself to the gym and work out. For this upcoming semester, I’m aiming to work out 3-5 days and do yoga at least once a week. So far, I’ve been doing a great job staying motivated and working out and I feel great! I’ve also been focusing on eating better. As a vegetarian, I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, and beans but I have a bit of a sweet tooth. So I’m currently trying to scale back and practice moderation.
As I write this, I’m kind of feeling blah today. Even if you set goals (or commitments as my brother says), I think it’s important to know that not every day is going to be a good day. Some days you’re going to make it all the way to the gym just to turn around and go home. Other days, you may not eat healthy at any meal. It happens. The most important thing is that you don’t beat yourself up for it, everyone has bad days. There’s always tomorrow!
I wanted to share with you a few things that have been helping me to stay on track with my fitness goals:
- Apple Watch
- I love my Apple Watch. I just purchased it about a week or so ago and it’s amazing. I have the Series 3 GPS. I went from having a Fitbit to this so using the different apps was a bit of an adjustment for me. But I am slowly getting used to it! I love the workout aspect and also that I can text right from my watch. Those are only a few of the highlights! If you’re on the fence about getting one, I highly recommend it.
- Fitbit Charge 2
- If the Apple Watch isn’t your cup of tea, the Fitbit Charge 2 is another great option. I love the Fitbit app. It’s very user friendly. The only reason I switched from Fitbit to Apple was because I wanted my watch to do more for me. I love that my Apple Watch can mirror my iPhone. I am a huge fan of the simplicity. If you’re looking for a watch that focuses solely on fitness, a Fitbit would suit you.
- 90 Degree by Reflex
- I found this brand at Marshalls (are you surprised?). I love love love their leggings. They fit me just right and they have so many cool designs. The one pair of leggings I have from them even has pockets!! The best part about them is that all of the pairs I’ve purchased, I’ve gotten for under $20. Score! Check out your local Marshalls or T.J.Maxx and try them on for yourself. You won’t regret it.
- Wireless Headphones
- Where have these been all my life?!? Seriously, wireless headphones will take your workout to a whole other level. You don’t need to worry about an annoying cord getting in your way. Plus, the quality of these is ridiculous! The sound is great and they are affordable. My brother has Beats and he even agrees that my wireless headphones are great.
- Lose It!
- I love this app. It’s so simple to track food and exercise through it. I’ve been using this app on and off since I became a vegetarian. I love how user friendly it is. I did use MyFitnessPal for a little while but came back to Lose It!.
What helps you stay on track and motivated? Let me know in the comments below!